I need help planning a baby shower!

I am a UK mum and baby showers aren't really held very often here, however they are becoming more and more popular. I haven't been to one,nor had one myself. I want to ask a few question in one:

1) How many games do you usually play?
2) Which are the best ones?
3) What kind of priezs are given?
4) What kind of favors do you give.

If anyone has had something brilliant or memorable happen at a baby shower, can you let me know? I have some ideas but would love some inspiration too!

Thanks in advance!!

M2TandM

Asked by M2TandM at 9:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally HATE baby shower games. Games are one of the reasons I quit going to showers.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You can play as many games as you want we usually play up to 5
    1. you can buy an 8oz bottle and count the # of candies you place in it and your guest try to guess how many candy's are in the bottle who ever guesses right or is the closes wins a prise.
    2.you can decorate a medium bowl and place rice and safety pins in the bowl and let your guest see how many safety pins they can get in a handful. who ever has the most wins a prize.
    3.you can have a friend measure your belly all around with a roll of toilet papper dont let ur guest see or now how many went around and let them guess how many sheets of toilet paper will fit around your tummy the closes wins a prise.
    4you can get a hanger and clothes pins and to make the clothes pins cuter you can decorate them anyways place the clothes pins in a row on the hanger and let each guest try and see how many they can get with one hand and they cant adjust the safety pins with
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• body and if they drop one they have to stop the person who got the most with one hand wins.
    5. you can get 5 diapers and 5 different chocolate candy bars and melt them in ea. diaper let your guest guess what candy bar is in the daiper the one who gets them right or the most right wins a prise.

You can give lotions and etc. as gifts the last baby shower I hosted for a friend I bought big martini cups and filled them with candy as prises I have also given picture frames anything that comes to mind.

as for favors I made some cup booties and placed candies in them for guest or you can make lil shirts and pampers out of felt material and they can pin them to their shirts when they get to the bs if you need more ideas you can add me as a friend and i will be glad to give you more ideas i have plents
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010