Do you think McChrystal will be fired?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Just like MacArthur was by Truman. He won't be fired as we know it. He won't loose his job in the Army. He will just loose his command. (provided PBO has the cajones to do this)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• IDK, those are troubled waters. The confidence he put in McChrystal in the beginning and then switching it up and going another direction at this juncture could really backfire on Obama & team.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think, even though I might agree with his sentiments he should go in with his resignation ready.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I read the article and I think the guy is a jerk and spoke very rudely and inappropriately. He is a General....not a good old boy at the Bar with his drunken buddies. He makes me wonder ...THIS guy is in charge in Afghanistan? Scary. He needs to resign NOW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Or if he doesn't resign...he will LOSE his job. LOSE.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Joe Scarborough, he should be fired ASAP

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Sadly, if the general made those remarks, he put his career in dire peril. The way the Constitution has things set up, the military is subject to civilian control and the President, no matter who, is Commander in Chief. As a soldier you do not have to like the President, nor do you even have to respect him. However, the President is the Commander in Chief even if he is a total incompetent. As a general commanding a theatre of war, McChrystal should have kept his mouth shut and his opinions to himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wonder Sweets, would you say the same thing if it was Patraeus who had made these remarks? You had nothing but bad things to say about McChrystal since he asked for a troop surge, but praised 'Betray-Us' during the whole thing.
    Anonymous

• I wonder Sweets, would you say the same thing if it was Patraeus who had made these remarks? You had nothing but bad things to say about McChrystal since he asked for a troop surge, but praised 'Betray-Us' during the whole thing.

Yes whomever said it

What ignorance from an ANON to a man like Patraeus WOW...

He should be fired for many reasons not the least of which is GETTING the troops he wanted and still failing and blaming OTHERS...as well as telling our ENEMIES we are WEAK and DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING..What do you think that will cause? MORE attacks on our TROOPS??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• He should be fired for many reasons not the least of which is GETTING the troops he wanted and still failing and blaming OTHERS...as well as telling our ENEMIES we are WEAK and DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING..What do you think that will cause? MORE attacks on our TROOPS??

***
    Wait...are you still talking about McChrystal or OBAMA!??!? Hard to tell the difference!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2010