Cheater Cheater?

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever cheated and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• People normally cheat bc their emotional needs are not being met at home. That's why I looked elsewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes, I cheated before. DH and I were having a lot of problems, and he started to completely ignore me. He was always too busy with his friends or video games to spend time with me. I was really lonely and depressed, and kept thinking my husband just didn't love me anymore. That was almost a year ago and we have worked through it. We are a stronger couple than ever and I know we will make it through the homestretch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When i was 16 I cheated on my boyfriend who was in the military. But, he never knew....i wrote him a letter & told him it was over after i cheated. I realized that i was way too young to commit myself to a man. He really wanted to get married & he said we should either get married or break up since he was joining the marines. So, after i cheated i knew we werent meant for each other. He ended up hooking up with a fellow female marine anyway & i was kind of glad because he was not too bent up about it when i broke it off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• No I've never cheated, tho with my mind I've seen my self with another guy. I think once you cheat it defines a lot. If you wouldn't like it to be done to you then its not ok to do it to anyone else .
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 10:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• He was always too busy with his friends or video games to spend time with me. I was really lonely and depressed, and kept thinking my husband just didn't love me anymore
    Ditto....We are still married also but he hasnt stopped with the BUDDY thing.He does tell me he loves me more and helps out.But im still cheating and I still want a divorce.Its not like he is scum or anything..He is pretty awesome..just not the man i love anymore.AND yes..he know about my cheating...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• anon 10:49.. if you want out of your marriage. be a responsible adult ,quit cheating and go file for divorce so your pretty awesome husband can move on with his life , find someone that will be faithful to him and love him like he deserves!. nobody respects a cheater..
    Anonymous

• I cheated, at the time I didn't know why I was doing it. I also had a strong pull to keep doing it, during this time I had a lot of feelings of running away and hoping my husband would die. I really didn't know what was going on with me, I fell into a depression at one point where I couldn't get out of bed, couldn't take care of my kids all I did was work, go out with friends until all hours of the night and when I wasn't doing those two things I slept. I was diagnosed with severe depression and put on medication. The medication worked, or seemed too and then I started cheating again it took me falling for another guy (who was a complete looser), leaving my family and then falling into another depressive stated to finally realize something was really wrong with me - I was diagnosed with Bipolar I. I moved out for 8 months (I stopped seeing the looser about a month after I moved out.). cont...
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I was diagnosed two months later after I couldn't work for a week and had to be monitored for about 3 days because I couldn't get ouf bed and was suicidal. My husband stayed with me through all that. He wanted me home, I moved home 6 months later. Our counselor said that people cheat for two reasons - to get out of a relationship or to get emotional needs met that aren't met at home. I cheated for both reasons and didn't know it. The Bipolar also adds to this along with the Co-Dependency issues I have that eventually made me snap. My husband and I continued counseling until I could no longer deal with his emotional abusive and inability to make changes in our relationship. Basically I've been the only one trying for 6 months. Its a tough road to conquer and no turning back, unfortunately part of me wants things to work out and part of me doesn't. I'm stuck now on the fence continuing my own counseling to figure it out
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I've cheated on boyfriends before, but never on my ex-husband or my current dh.

Anonymous

• I cheated on my bf when I was 22. We'd been together for almost 3 yrs.Whether or not we were going to marry someday came up of course. He told me to not get my hopes up,he never planned on marrying me! I was livid! I took our ages into account,but figured if we got engaged,it could take 1-2 yrs to plan,and by then I'd be almost 25,which isn't too young to marry. I struggled with what he said,wondered if I'd be able to continue on as his gf indefinitely,and decided my answer was no. I cheated with my best friend,who happened to be a woman. My one and only homosexual affair. He never found out,but we had a fight one night over "my attitude" and I l moved out at 3am! I guess he was quite marriage shy,because he didn't marry until he was 32.
    Anonymous