I have pneumonia. Do you have any suggestions to help me through it?

I am on two different antibiotics, two inhalers (steroid and albuterol), and Mucinex. Have you ever had it and how did you cope with the whole not-breathing-cough-till-you-pee-your-pants-or-puke thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Health

• When I was hospitalized in dec of 2005 I was on my deathbed my oxygen was 30% it was like trying to breathe through one of those little coffee stirrers. I had to have a machine that let me take my meds a nebulizer sort of thing. I took a boatload of vitamins from the health food store and put hot mustard packs on my chest. You need to up your vitamin-c at least 2000 milligrams of it, try to get it in a powder that you can mix with water. One thing that helped me out a lot was vitamin D,vit A vit E
    and I also drank lots of vegetable juice. I was sick for several months but my lungs were inproving fast, pneumonia does weaken your lungs and you may experience pain and weakness in the chest everytime you get a chest cold,I know I have and have had to take respiratory cleanse and defense pills for my bronchial tract. Also another thing I took was cayenne pepper pills,it warms the body and lungs and helps you heal faster. GET WELL!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Wow, mine was different and I had it for months. I say just relax...nothing more you can do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Sleep,keep taking your meds,eat healthy foods ,rest a lot and drink lots of liquids
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Rest and lots of fluids. The steriod and albuterol should kick in pretty quickly
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• ps get your vitamins in gel form,if you can,if not crush them so it works faster. Hope this helps,ps dont do what I did and run out and shop you need to get rest a lot hope your family can help you out. I hope you get better.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Geeze, I had 3 Antibiotic pills and I was over the Pneumonia in a week.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Theirs many stages of pneumonia,plus if you've ever smoked like I did then its even worse,and if you still smoke after pneumonia then I highly suggest you quit like I did because the next time you may not be alive. Also when you get off the antibiotics get yourself on some good probiotics cause the antibiotics weaken your system and make your digestion sluggish.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My 13 year old daughter is recovering from pneumonia.  We have to go back for an x-ray in a couple of weeks to make sure that it is all cleared up.

I don't think there is anything you can do except take your medications.  It took my daughter about 2 weeks on the antibiotics to clear her lungs.  By the 3rd week the coughing was dramatically reduced and now on week 4, she is hardly coughing at all.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It sounds like you are doing all that you can do! You need to put a pantieliner on and just get in bed and look after you til you get better.
    Anonymous