just found out yesterday that my fiance and i are pregnant..we r so excited. we were tying..but i cant help wondering about the risks considering the fact that i am under treatmnt for hyperthyroidism. also, we lost a set of twins this time last year...what could calm my nerves...and how will i know he turnout wont be the same as last time???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different, so you can't just think your going to lose the baby this time because you did last time. I would see your doctor NOW. Call TODAY....because the sooner they are able to see you the better they can monitor you and make sure you get the best care for you and your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Just curious as to why you would get pregnant if you were receiving treatment for something. Was this a surprise? I'm not really one to judge since both of my kids were woopsies. LOL. Congrats on the baby and get prenatal care asap!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Call your OB and your thyroid doctor ASAP. The medication used to treat hyperthyroid is not considered safe to take during pregnancy, and the first 10 weeks are the most crucial to your baby's development. Your doctors should be able to give you advice to help you keep your health in check and protect your baby. GL & Congrats! I hope all goes well for you.

If you plan to have more children you should really consider a more permanent solution to your thyroid condition. I also had a hyperthyroid, and I chose to have if killed before getting pregnant. The meds used to treat hypothyroid are very safe to use during pregnancy because they are just replacement for the hormones your body should naturally produce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I know how your feeling. Well except for the hyerthyroid. I lost my son back in October of 2008 and when I found out I was pregnant I was terrified. Any little thing had me worried. I thought for sure I was going to lose this one and still here she is growing in my belly just fine. I am now 19 weeks and still worry. I think I will cont. to worry until I make it past the point of when I lost Brody. Just stay positive and remember everything happens for a reason. It may not be obvious but you will figure it out at some point. Good Luck and I hope your baby sticks. Oh by the way they will probably send you to a specialist. I am seeing my OB up at OSU so that makes me feel more comfortable. It seems like they are more concerned with your care and the well being of the baby!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• If you are feeling this way you may need to speak with your Dr. and let him know how you are feeling and let him/her tell you your facts! Other than that just relax and take it one day at a time! And good luck hope things look up for you!
    Anonymous

• Your are engaged to a woman and you were both artificially inseminated?
    Anonymous