Why the double standard?

if this was the case, would you have been mad?

During the largest oil crisis in history, President Bush played golf seven times and went on
two vacations.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, Lovin. It seems ludicrous that people were FURIOUS over the Patriot Act, until Obama embraced and expanded it.  They were FURIOUS about the wars, but 18 months later, not so much.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't know what you mean. He's not the president anymore. Why are you upset about this?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• lowencope, please read the question. I said, IF this was the case, would you be mad?

of course the sentence should read
    "during the largest oil crisis is in history OBAMA....
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• OH I see. Okay, i feel kinda stupid now. LOL. I would think he didn't care that much.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't care who the president is or was... I'm just outraged that this has gone on for so long without a major benefit. After seeing the pics on yahoo this morn, I just wanted to cry. I know that there are folks there doing all they can to get this mess cleaned up, but the Gulf needs every available hand! I read this and it made me so mad: Plaquemines Parish's coastal zone management director, P.J. Hahn, wades in the oily muck June 5 on Queen Bess Island. "You'd think there would be a flotilla of people out here," Hahn told AP. "As you can see, we're so far behind the curve in this thing." I tell ya, if I could leave my job and find someone to care for my family, I'd be there in a minute! Where is the major relief effort with the thousands of volunteers? Leave the financial responsibility to BP, but the Gulf needs hands. Sorry, I'm emotional :-( The Pres. should be addressing the country asking for volunteers to

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• go down to help clean up. Bush, Obama, Clinton, whoever! We need to fix this. And I'll tell ya, if my house was burning down, I wouldn't be out golfing or partying. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_sc2694
    Thx for letting me rant ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I woould think it was typical. DIdn't he take a vacation and golf,etc. during the whole Katrina crisis? BUT, that said, why criticize Presidents for taking vacations...a few days are needed when you have a stressful job. And there are other people ,besides the President,who should be involved in fixing major disasters,don't you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I am just SO confused, Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, said Hayward has committed yet another in a "long line of PR gaffes", BUT they are Ok with the president playing golf and taking vacations.  Now THATS quite the double standard!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• IF this was the case? It was the case so why are you saying if? I'm lost. Are we talking about the double standard between the Pres and the BP guy or what?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's BP I'm most angry at, so even if it was Bush in office I'd still criticize BP for this disaster. The only thing that would upset me would be for either one to not do one thing -no visits, no press conferences, not making BP liable financially, no government clean up effort, etc etc.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010