Are there any sippy cups on this planet that REALLY don't leak??

The only ones I have that don't leak are SO hard to suck the liquid out of, I can barely do it - there is no way my 1 year old can....anyone know any good sippys??? I am so tired of the LEAKS!!!!!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the stopper is pretty good, but if you are putting orange juice in there, that's why. You need to get the non-pulp kind.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'm frustrated by this too. When my 11 year old was a baby, I found the greatest sippy cups that were easy for him to drink from and they didnt' leak They were made by First Years. I went buy them again with my little one and I can't find them anywhere. The best I have found so far the the Playtex ones that have the valve thing in it. A little comes out occasionally, but not like some of the others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think they all leak, but if they were completely leak-proof you couldn't get anything out of them. What worked best for my family was training the kids to treat the sippy cup like a regular cup - no throwing, dropping, etc. and always leaving it upright. To do this we started taking the cup away for a bit when it wasn't treated properly. We still used the sippy cups for a while because they do guard against major spills until your little one is ready for a regular cup. When we did switch to regular cups it was a really easy transition.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i have an advent sippy cup an it doesnt leak.. i tried it an it doesnt need to hard of a suction power :) maybe try those?
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I have never had an issue with leaks and sippy cups. I use Platex ones and they are wonderful! I pay like $1 each at the dollar store for them and we have been using them for years...

Here are the ones I use... I'm sure you can find them just about anywhere. But anything from Platex with that lid is great! and the lids are all interchangeable so as you lose them, it's no big deal. Also, the valves are removable and washable and you can by extras almost anywhere...
    http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Sipster-Cup-Pack-Colors/dp/B000056JAK/ref=pd_sim_ba_22

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I use the straw cups. The only thing that leaks is the tiny bit that my son may have not sucked all out of the straw. They work great. The ones i have are made by nuby.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The Tommee Tippee cups that are made by Babies R Us do not leak, they are graet and have an attached plastid lid that flips over the little spout.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried the ones with the straws in them that's the kind my lil liked when she was a year old! But either way it dosnt matter what kind of sippy you use they will leak if you put soda in them.
    Anonymous

• soda in a sippy cup??? is that a joke? anyway, thanks everyone for your helpful answers! I'll give these a try!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have always used playtex cups. They work great and they are very affordable. Plus, all playtex parts work for any cup no matter the size or shape the lids and stoppers will fit any of them.
    BaileysMommy523

Answer by BaileysMommy523 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010