• In the Spotlight:

Net Neutrality

Which side of the network neutrality debate do you fall on; the telecoms or the FCC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Net neutrality is a ridiculously horrible idea that only sounds good to people who aren't tech savvy enough to understand what it really means (a group that unfortunately includes the majority of politicians in the world)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Agree with NotPanicking.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's a bad idea to allow two users, each who pay for a subscribed level of access to the internet infrastructure to be able to connect to each other at the same level of access using whatever devices and software they wish?

It is when the first user is using substandard equipment, making their downloading of the latest episode of Real Housewives of NY hold up your stock trade for a half hour while you wait for their packets to clear. A privately owned service has the right to restrict what equipment can be used to connect to it - no shoes, no shirt, no broadband, no service. Like I said, it only sounds good to those who don't understand it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'm on the constitutions side. Net neutrality as they call it is nothing more than a power grab attached to a social program.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'm a supporter of Net Neutrality and EFF.   funny, NP, I'll have to tell my tech geek, pro-NN husband that he's not technically savvy.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010