My dd has a cough

For about a week now it comes and goes and no other symptons. She is 18 motnhs old. Well today she coughed up some mucus but it sounds like it is breaking up in her throat. Should i be concered that it has lasted so long? She has had no fever with this my dh says let it run its course. But i get overly concered with her when she was 6 motnhs she had rsv and ended up in hospital for a few days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would call the DR for sure just in case. especially if its mucousy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It doesn't hurt to call the doc and have her checked out. Usually once the mucus it breaking up, thats a good sign. But every case can be different. Untill then, just make sure she has pleanty of water to keep that gunk loose
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'd call her doctor just to be on the safe side! hope she getts to feeling better!
    angel_nicoel2

Answer by angel_nicoel2 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010