is 22lbs small for a almost 2 year old boy??

He was a 3lb preemie to add....Everyone tells me how "big" he is especially other moms, but he looks healthy to me, and I always thought he was a peanut, but not bad considering he was a 3lb preemie.., and yeah I am worried about his size a little he doesn't LOOK unhealthy, but still..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• seems a little small to me.. My DD just turned two and is about 30 lbs (she is also 3 feet tall).. so she looks HORRIBLE a lot of days because she is so skinny, but technically she is big for her age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I sure as hell wouldn't worry. IF you peds is worried then you shouldn't be either. My daughter didn't hit 20lbs till she was 18 months old. And was about 22lbs at 2 years and she wasnt' a premiee lol, just a little Pixie Stick
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My youngest was 24 lbs at two years old, which we were told was in the 40th percentile for weight. We were quite pleased because at a year he was in the 3rd percentile. BTW... mine was 8bls at birth. His doctor was not worried.

My nephew was 31lbs at two and in the 100percentile for weight. SO every kid is different, and unless your doctor is worried, then don't worry about it.

I laugh when you say other moms say how big your LO is, because I keep being told how tiny mine is... and he weighed more than your little guy at the same age. It is all a matter of perspective. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think it's genetic too my daughter is 25lbs and almost 3, and I am only 5' even myself and petite so they get it from me..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My oldest daughter weighed about 22 pounds at 2 years. My son weighed 24 pounds at 2 years, and he's really tall.
    Anonymous

• He seems small to me. My 1st dd will be 2 sat. and she weighs 28lbs and my 10 month old dd weighs 25lbs. As long as the doctors dont have that big of a concern I wouldnt worry.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• LOL by the time my daughter was 6 months old she was in the 0 percentile for height and weight lol. Stayed like that till she was like 2 or 3 years old
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• well, my son is over 2-1/2 and and was maybe 24-25 lbs at 2. my son is a peanut but for a preemie I think that seems great.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It sounds small but when you think about it, babies come in all shapes and sizes. My 11 month old is only 15.5 lbs and while people keep telling me how big he looks, the dr says he is borderline FTT. I dont worry. I just keep feeding him.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010