what would you do if you took your child to a dr appoinment and they said the parents cant go in?

would you wait in the waiting room or demand to go in?

my friend took his 5 yr DD to a dental app and he wasnt allowed to go in with her. i NEVER stayed in the waitin room with any of my kids at any app

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• LEAVE and don't go back to that dentist!!! Check out this ABC report:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6z9_ZMaAz0
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• it depends... is this a routine visit, first visit with a new dr, etc?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I took my son to a dentist that said that at around 7. I informed them I would be going, or I will find a dentist that will let me. I had to find another dentist. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It all depends on the temperment of the child. My daughter went to the dentist when she was 2.5 and I came back with her since she is still shy around strangers - my 13 yr old though goes back alone. If he felt strongly about being with his daughter during her appt they can not stop him (or he should find another dentist!)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Alot of dentists practice that way. The theory is, is that the kids do better without mom and are less whiney. That's the theory. But personally I usually am in the room with my kids
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Our dentist office is the same way... It doesn't bother me. I know my kids are in good hands. I love our dentist office.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i wasnt allowed back at the orthodontist my dd was 8. Otherwise I have been in for everything. I thinkk kids behave better at dentist without parents around (in general) so they try to just take the child back. I usually have my cleaning at the same time so i am in chair next to my dd at dentist. I would always go in at doctor.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Our dentist only allows parents on the first visit. Never after that. Children tend to act up more when the parents are in the room. Most of the parents are the ones with anxiety not the kids. I have been there several times when the mom's had a fit but the child came out smiling and just fine.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Being in the dental industry, if your child is getting any type of shot , you have every right to be in that room. Being that your child is a minor, I would advise being in there to make sure he is ok after the shot, and then leave to make the nurses and doctors more comfortable. They even allow you to haold your child's hand...If not shame on the snobby dentist or doctor.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Find another dentist!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2010