Baby Not Urinating

I have a 4 month ld. She went all night with out urinating. Her diaper is usually soaked in the morning. Its now 11am and still no pee. Is this normal? it has never happened before. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is she eating??? If she is taking a bottle or breast regularly, then she should have wet diapers. I would call the peds and see what they say
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would give it a couple more hours. That happened a few times with my kids and they all ended up going in the early afternoon. If she doesn't have a wet diaper by 3pm, then take her to the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes... i am BF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would call the peds and ask just to make sure. How many hours ago did she pee?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• like 9pm last night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Call the pediatrician. Keep feeding on demand or at least ever 2 hours.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Our odlest son would do this from time to time. He started when he was about 3 months old and it went on till he was potty trained. He would "hold" it for hours. His ped siad that for him it was normal. He told me to take his diaper off, and either blow on his belly or wipe it with a baby wipe (at room temperature) and it woudl "make" him go. Sure enough, every time he would pee all over the place LOL. If she still doesn't go, call her doc. Does she cry when she does pee? Is it dark in color or have a strong odor?
    Anonymous

• Did she ever pee?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2010