• In the Spotlight:

Anyone live in the seattle area?

Me and my husband have been looking for a change... and he's stuck on Washington. Please tell me it's not as rainy and depressing as I think it is! (no, just tell me the truth!) He's sending out resumes this week just as a "test"... but I know if he gets a good offer he will jump on it...

LeanneC

Asked by LeanneC at 11:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• it is really beautiful, however this year it has been really rainy and cool but i think you would like it
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I live in Yakima, which is on the other side of the mountains from Seattle, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE going over there because it does literally rain all the time. Personally, I can't stand driving in the rain, not being able to go out and do anything because it is constantly raining, etc. My brother lives there and we go visit him quite a bit and I am running for the door when it is time to come home.

On the other hand, I LOVE the fast paced environment, there is always something going on, there is a lot to do, a lot to see, and I agree, it is beautiful over there. If it didnt' rain 360 days a year, I would definitely consider living there. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yea, it's been rainy and cool here in CA, too.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oh, and I wanted to add, another great thing about Seattle is that it hardly ever snows (which is a HUGE plus for me, as I hate the snow)... so if you prefer rain over snow, Seattle is a good choice. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Well, we're looking north at snohobish co... so I think it snows up there.

I know it rains a lot... but is there enough sunshine to grow anything?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It does snow more in Snohomish Co. but its beautiful! I lived all over the Seattle area for a few years and LOVED it. It does rain quite a bit but it makes those sunny days that much more worth it! I miss the Northwest and cant wait to get back! New York is not for us...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• We just moved from there last summer. We lived north of Seattle - specifically, we lived in Snohomish county, specifically, we lived in Marysville and then in Arlington. There are a lot of good things and a lot of bad things about it there. Honestly, it IS overcast / drizzly a lot more than is it in other parts of the country. BUT - its not like it's raining all the time. For example, Jacksonville FL gets more rain per year than Seattle does.

There's a lot of beauty in the area there, and there's a lot of stuff to do outside, you just have to be willing to sometimes grab a light jacket or sweater before you go do it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I have a cousin who lives in Washington near Seattle. He says its really nice up there. I've been wanting to visit for sometime now!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• hey! i live in lynnwood,which is Snohomish co,OMG!! i love it!im frm cali,it does rain alot,but not as hard as everyone may think,we do have our heavy times but nothing you cant handle,youll adapt to it,and the summers are well worth the wait they are to die for!it is so green out here,and very family oriented,i think youll like it!!!
    mom1902

Answer by mom1902 at 3:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I live in Renton, king county. Its overcast alot, but the summer is definitely worth waitng for! everything is super luscious and green and beautiful! The winter is pretty dull tho. last year we had no snow whatsoever!!
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 4:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010