Do you clean your baby's face when feeding him/her?

When I feed my baby I clean his face as we go? I remember a nurse telling me not to because it will continue to be a mess anyway. However, I can't stand all the slop on my kid's face so I clean it the whole time anyway. LOL! What do you do?!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 11:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With mine I would scrape with the spoon and wipe up at the end--- unless they got very messy and then I would wipe up and continue feeding.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I sure do...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I kind of "scrape" their mouth with the side of the spoon as we feed and then I wipe them down afterwards. :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• LOL that is funny I was just thinking about this like an hour ago. I can't STAND when my child is dirty, when she is eating and has food on her face I have to clean it off. When she goes outside and plays and comes back in with a dirty shirt, we've got to change her clothes. I guess the way I see it is I want to be clean, so I'm sure she does too. IDK I just can't stand it when she is dirty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope. I clean my kid once a day, regardless if they need it or not.

Really??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Scrape with the spoon also.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Well, with my first child. I scraped with the spoon. With any future kids, they won't be spoon fed, they will wait until they can self feed, so not as messy and I will clean afterwards.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• same thing you do
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Wow. I have 4 kids, and while I was anal with my first, I got over it in a hurry! Kids get messy, there's no way around it if you want to live a normal life! Mine were cleaned up after a meal (still are) and bathed at the end of the day to take care of it all (still are). I like my kids to be clean too but sometimes it's just not possible to keep them spic & span and stay sane!
    Anonymous

• I didn't start solids until she was 7 1/2 months and able to feed herself. Table food, not baby food (blech). So I let her make a jolly mess and clean it up. A little over a month later, she only makes a mess with obviously messy food and even then if I let her be she will clean up the tray quite nicely and then I clean her up. Waste of time otherwise. This way I get to enjoy my hot food with both hands.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010