Stay at home moms: What do I do now?

Here very shortly all my housework will be done. I could try to find something to do (like organizing book shelves, etc) but really, I don't want to go that far. I'm SO tired of being bored and lonely, but we don't have the money for me to be driving anywhere.

What's something I can do at home?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If your kids are young, there are lots of things you can do in the house. You can play bowling with empty water bottles or pop cans and a ball of tin foil. Each of you can take turns hiding an object in another room and the others can come and look for it. You can paint, draw, or cut out pictures from a magazine of another family member. For example, you can make a portrait of one of your kids and your kids can make a portrait of you or your spouse. There are lots of things to do and you can find lots of advice on the Internet. You can create and obstacle course through out the house with toys and see who can go through the fastest. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Gardening, baking, making dinner, take a nap, take a shower and just relax.
    I really dont' know how you have all your cleaning done....mine is a never ending thing! Ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• when all my cleaning is done, it's playtime, we blow bubbles, play on our playground outside, draw with chalk, any activities that we can do at the house we do. i don't know how old your kid(s) are but if the weather is nice, you can always go for a walk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's June and we live in Arizona... outdoor activities are limited to early morning and after 5:00 PM lol. But i do have flashcards we can work with, and we can fingerpaint in the kitchen!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Come clean my house! Or watch my kids (they'll keep you occupied!) so I can take a shower and go get groceries!

Seriously though. When there's nothing else to do and I've exhausted all my normal internet haunts, I read, crochet, do crafts with the kids (I get the kits so I don't have to think about what to do) - even my 3yo DS loves them - food prep, cook, just rest! Watch tv...go for a walk...play outside with the kids (under a sprinkler if it's hot)...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Trade with me for a day. I need the break. LOL I stay at home with 3 under the age of 4. I never get caught up on the housework or laundry. I won't know what it feels like to be bored until my oldest 2 or at school and then I'll be down to just one at home.

But seriously, find a hobby. Do you like to craft, write, read, exercise? Now is a great time to do something you enjoy. With only 1 kid, there are bound to be times your little one is playing on her own, giving you the golden opportunity to do something you enjoy or are passionate about.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Anon :58, LOL, bright minds think alike I guess. Sounds like we're 2 peas in a pod.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• ohh, some days when i'm done with my cleaning, i take time for me where i do my hair, spend more time on my makeup, and pamper myself (do my nails and toe nails) shave, lol...give yourself some 'you time' :)
    Anonymous

• If the weather is nice go for walks, bike rides, down to the park for a bit. read a book while the kids play outside. Or if the weather is yucky out...We have a wii so the kids and I play some games on there like cooking mama, etc (i rent games from the library so im not always spending money on games we wont play all the time), scrapbooking (let the kids decorate their own pages), or read to them.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Have the kids help you make bread, even jiffy cornbread is inexpensive and fun! make peanut butter no-bake cookies, home made play dough, (receipts can be found on-line) Start a blog. maybe an on-line store. If you like to take pics sell them to on-line companies OR if the kids like to draw/color turn them into post cards for you family, friends, sell them as a business (maybe)... start a monthly neighborhood garage sale organization in the neighborhood where everyone gets their stuff together sells it at different houses on different months, so there is a little income comin in but not all the hassle of hosting each month, plus you meet your neighbors/friends. Or set up your own garage sale type business in your garage. find out what the guidelines are with you city and wa-la a new found income source and a cure for boredom. LOL just a few suggestions...
    Anonymous