What does it taste like? Ive never tried it and Im weary on spending the $ on it and hating it..LOL.

Asked by MamaSpurg at 12:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If you buy some, get SABRA brand. They are the closest to the real deal, Tribe hummus is nasty when compared/ Or, you can make a small batch for real cheap.

2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained 1/3 cup tahini 1/4 cup lemon juice 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 yellow onion, 2 cloves garlic, halved, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 pinch paprika ,1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley,

throw it all in a food processor until smooth

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Chick peas in a creamy texture .

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• A mild creamy bean dip-ish kind of thing. LOL

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's super delish! You can buy just plain Hummus which is simply Garbanzo Beans and oil, or you can get ones with added herbs and spices like garlic (which is my fav.) or any number of other flavors... Honestly, for a cheap as the stuff is, I would say get a small bit and try it... I've only met a very few who don't like one version or another...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks ladies! Do you just eat with crackers? In a wrap or whats the best way?

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Spoon, chips, crackers, as a spread in sandwiches and wraps. Anyway you want.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• with crunchy vegetables, like carrots, cucumbers and jicama. My favorite store bought brand is Cedar's. It is much less expensive to make your own, with canned chickpeas; even less expensive to start with dried chickpeas.This is my favorite hummus recipe: though I add a pinch of cumin

Answer by rkoloms at 2:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

Answer by BMA226 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I like to eat mine with pita bread, wasa crackers, or akmak crackers.

Answer by ohwrite at 6:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I love mine with pita bread or whole wheat tortillas... throw in some sliced cucumber and it is delish! I haven't found a packaged hummus that I really like though, so I make my own. Then I make more because my hubby steals the first batch. Then I make even more because my kids attack the second batch. LOL I need to find a way to hide it better.

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010