My 6yo is constantly complaining of pain of some kind, booboos earaches stomach aches etc

OUCH...is my 6yo favorite word new booboos old booboos she says ouch 100 times a day..ok maybe not that much but what is going on why/what is causing her to seak such attention. she is the baby of the family and truly worshipped her oldest sister is 30 and her next sister is 17 we give her so much attnetion why the need for more.....

Joeydollbaby

Asked by Joeydollbaby at 12:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Lets see, my 2-1/2 year old son does that also - only child - all the attention in the world - loves his 10 year old cousin he's with all the time - I am told he's seeking comfort from anxiety... this has been ongoing for him and affecting his sleep also - I think he also suffers from growing pains as we all do in our family.. that could be something too? The foods we eat and the growth hormones in our foods are giving out kids MAJOR growing pains - typically affecting boys the worse but very much girls also!! but the Ped even recommended to go to early childhood ed to help because its his form of anxiety is seeking comfort by his booboos or owie's too
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• What do you do when she has a pain? I know that my son will often say he has a pain because he loves his 'boom boom bag' AKA the ice pack and he adores tylenol meltaways. I keep the ice pack in the door of the freezer so he can go get it by himself and that stops him from whining about random things. It also means that he only starts drug seeking when he's genuinely in pain and he's willing to try other things first. He winds up getting tylenol once every month or two when he wakes up with bad growing pains in the night because I know those are genuine.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Mine does that all the time. Makes me insane. I ask if it's real, if we need to call the doc. That usually makes her stop unless something is really wrong.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2010