How do I make the day special for my 2 yr old?

My oldest son is going to Disneyland with my mom and younger sister for about half of the day. My 2 yr old most likely does not remember Disneyland, but will be disappointed that his big brother gets to spend the day with grandma and auntie... He LOVES to play with his aunt. So I want to make the day kind of special for him. What should we do? I have a few errands to run, but thats about it. (btw. I don't want to spend too much money and we live in SO. CA)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• tell him he can have WHATEVER he wants for lunch. icecream, chips, whatever he chooses! it is only on meal and it will be fun! take him to the dollar store and tell him to choose 5 things out! only 5 bucks, but he will feel special!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• oh thats a great idea! I need to go to the store anyways to pick out party favors for his b-day (he'll be 2 next week).
    Anonymous

• I would try to find something that will create good memories for the two of you together that doesn't necessarily involve material things. My MIL did this with her kids and now my DH and his siblings think they can buy love with stuff and food. That might be fine if you're rich, but we're not and it has put us in some sticky financial situations.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and had a great day with our two year old, riding the Balboa Ferry and going to the beach. Maybe you could see a movie together? Toy Story 3? What is he interested in? Our son likes cars and trains so we take him on whatever trains we can find when we visit different cities. If he likes fire trucks, maybe a visit to a fire station?
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think we may not be able to do anything now :( I had so many errands to run today, now he's taking his nap, so I don't think we'll have time when he wakes up :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010