Do you use your shower time as your "me" time?

Or do you make your husband watch the kids one afternoon and go get your nails done or whatever? lol

Sometimes I use the shower as me time if I can't afford a pedicure, but otherwise I'd like to take atleast an hour for myself outside the house.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Being online is what I consider my "me" time.

I dont like spending time showering so Im in and out in less than 10 mins. I wouldnt consider that "me" time anyway nor do I consider grocery shopping alone "me" time as others do.

Ive not got money to go get "prettied" up so I enjoy my computer time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I use the shower as a place where I can go and cry without anyone seeing me.
    Anonymous

• I use showers as me time, and if I have to go to the grocery store but neither last longer than 10 mins.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I understand, My 'me' time can some weeks be just taking a shower. Or even going to the store, my S.O. works allot of hours *&* when he is home most of that time I want to be with him so I don't always want to go out for 'me' time. Every now*~N~* then I will go shopping to a store other than Grocery shopping , or go do something thats quiet for me. I think my favorite ,'me' time is when my S.O. takes 'all' the kids out for the day & I get to stay home & do whatever I want.Even if I'm folding laundry it's quiet & thats really all I want , at this point of my journey through parenthood,lol.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Shower as "me" times depends on if I'm just hopping in and out or if I'm going to stand under the scalding hot water for 40 minutes. If it's longer then a 15 minute shower it's me time, the door is locked and I don't open it for anything (kids can brave the spiders in the basement if they have to pee).
    I still expect my husband to watch the kids (when he's here) for and hour or two to do what I want. I don't usually go out but I lock myself in my room with a book or computer game or something I enjoy
    My husband used to drive me nuts when the kids were little by telling me to go have some "me" time...at the grocery store. WTH! That's not me time, lol, that's another chore but there were times that was all I got so I'd take my time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When the kids are down for their naps is my "Me" time. When I shower. When husband is home and can watch them.
    Whenever I need it I find time. I can always put on a video for the kids and let them play in their playroom if I am desperate for "Me" time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I get lots of me time & I don't have to leave the house to do it.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes, there's nothing like a steamy hot shower (or even a cool one on a hot summer day) to help relax stress/ tension away. Even if it's just 10 minutes a day, that's ten minutes private time to clear your head and just focus on yourself. To rejuvenate, cry, pamper yourself...etc. Having a massage shower-head is really good too!
    1_HOT_MOMMA

Answer by 1_HOT_MOMMA at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010