If it isnt the breed but the owner........why do pitbulls need insurance ?

when getting one your suppose to get liability insurance.... if they are so gentle and family dogs why is that so ?

it cant just be because people have made it seem that they are monsters there has to be some sort of proof right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why are you trying to start drama? grow up already!
    Anonymous

• Because of people like you!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Because of their bite. The clamp down and down let go which makes their bite more dangerous than other breeds. Why do you think whole cities have outlawed these beasts.
    Anonymous

• Well, my dad had a sweet pit bull. He could take food right out of it's mouth, it would lick you to death before it would ever bite you. My stepmother has a Pomeranian, that little hussy of a dog will bite you a millions times if you even look at her wrong. I would trust his pit with a child before I ever let the other dog around one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Braden, I am with you. My 3 pits are sweet as pie. I yell at them for licking me too much not biting. My one dog and I "BOX" and she will "bite" my arm but not really bite she's just playing. My grandmas teacup terreror is horrible and I will not allow my DD to be near her because she is known to bite and not stop until she draws blood.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Because they CAN be very aggresive. As with all dogs. The difference is, if a Chi-Chi latched onto your leg to harm you, it would be quite easy to get it off of you .. if a Pit Bull did it, then there is very little chance for you to get him off of you by yourself. Pit Bulls have VERY strong jaws and when they want to hurt you, THEY WILL.

And their are too many ignorant people who are breeding them to be in dog fights and attack anyone that comes near them.

So the answer to your question is because people are plan ignorant.
    Anonymous

• oops I mean PLAIN ignorant sorry.
    Anonymous

• I don't know where you live, but here no insurance is needed... ALL dogs have the ability to bite and kill!

Here is the difference. Breeds like Pitbulls and Rots are chosen by people who want to teach them to be nasty and mean over other breeds. So it IS the people... There are killer dalmatians - should those carry a insurance too? Dogs are what people teach them to be. So when people want mean dogs they go get dogs they think are going to be mean over others and then teach them to be... You aren't going to find many dog fighting rings with poodles, not because they can't be mean but because people don't think of them as mean dogs.

So are there more dog attacks by these breeds? Yes. But is it the breed of the people? It's the people. People who first choose these breeds because they believe they are mean and then train them to be. Not because the animals really are mean or bad.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• How about this? Black teens are more likely to become gang members according to statistics and studies... Now, does that mean that black teens are more dangerous? NO! Of course not! It means that they are more likely to be placed in situations where these actions are seen as acceptable. Given those same situations white, asian or any other teen could end up in the same spot...

There is really no difference with animals. When PEOPLE see these breeds and choose them because of their reputation, they are then placed in a situation where they are more likely to become a statistic... Not simply because they are that breed, but because they were put in this situation.

So, just like a black teen who is raised in a good town with a good education and a stable lifestyle are less likely to become gang members, Rots and Pitbulls who are raised in a loving home where violence isn't the norm, they are less likely to be part of that stat!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• We have not required any additional insurance. When I found out that our dog that we adopted had pit in him I called our homeowner insurance company and talked to them and they said they do not require any kind of additional insurance and they will still cover us if something happened.
    We have had 0 problems out of him. He is actually a little to friendly.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010