My mom is giving me a baby shower next weekend and she just told me she bought prizes for the games.... and

all the prizes are things that the winner picks out and gives to me! (baby stuff) I thought that was weird but she told me that is how it was done back when she was pregnant and/or attending showers! I said hey ur the host so it's up to you but I just thought it was weird...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is really weird. I've never heard of that.
    We had prizes that we GAVE the winner and they took with them. I had enough presents, I didn't need anymore. LOL.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• That does sound weird. :D

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I am a potter, so we gave handmade mugs and shower game prizes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• well at least I am not the only one that thinks this! I am not going to tell her how to run the shower I am happy she is giving me one.. I just feel odd.. lmao.. that is nothing I can do.. and what will the ppl think when they have to give me the gift?? I almost don't want to do the games because I don't want them to win then have to give the prize to me.. lol wow some prize! :)
    Anonymous

• It's your babyshower, tell her you don't feel comfortable doing that. I understand that maybe that's how she did it years ago, but times are different.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Then you should go out and buy a few small gifts for prizes. Nothing fancy, scented candles and ribbon with a nice plate would work fine and are pretty cheap.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i'v never heard of that. i thought the guests got to keep the prizes. atleast that's how we did it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I've heard of that. Ask her if there will also be some type of favor for each guest to take home. The guests won't mind giving you little things as long as they are taking something else home.
    Anonymous

• she already bought it all and was so proud! she is not one to do anything like this at all.. and for her to actually do this for me is amazing! so I am not going to take this moment away from her she is really getting into it..lol maybe I could suggest something like... they pick a gift out for me and pick a gift out for themselves? would that be weirder or better? lol
    Anonymous

• That would be better.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010