My 4 month old isn't sleeping through the night.

He still wakes up about every 3 hours. Is anyone else going through this? or have you gone through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My older two slept through the night by 12 weeks...this was a total fluke, and I just got lucky. Our youngest didn't sleep through the night until she was 17 months old, and now at 23 months old, is waking up at night again. It's all a part of being a mommy. Soon, they'll be teenagers and sleeping until 11 or 12, and we'll WANT them to wake up! lol. Then they'll be out of our house, in college and we'll be up all night worried sick, wondering how they're doing and if they ate...blah blah. It's quite the vicious cycle. As tiring as it is, it's a blessing, because they're not little forever. Cherish those late night snuggles you get.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Since when do 4 month olds sleep through the night? Did I miss the memo? My DD didn't sleep through the night 100 % until she was like 2...??
    Anonymous

• my DS was 11 mos before he slept through
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Not all babies sleep through the night that early on. Hell most babies I know of don't start sleeping fully through the night until 8-9 months old. It's perfectly normal.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I got lucky with mine and he was sleeping from 12-7 at 3 1/2 months old.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• that's pretty normal. most babies dont until they are almost a year.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My kids didn't sleep through the night until closer to a year. Luckily I co-slept and breastfed, so I didn't have to get out of bed everytime.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• my 10 month old isnt sleeping through the night either. Its normal. My 2yr just started sleeping completely through the night.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• ha ha welcome to the world of being a mommy! They do not all sleep through the night at 4mos even 6mos and 12mos! ALl kids are different.
    Anonymous

• Yes. This is perfectly normal. Babies must eat often because they are growing rapidly and their stomachs are small--especially breastfed babies. Sleeping through is considered to be 5 hours, more than that is unusual and likely to change a lot in the first year especially, and does really settle into a mature pattern until age 3 or 4. Plus a baby who wakes and doesn't spend an abnormally long time in deep sleep is less prone to SIDS.

We co-sleep, so I get more sleep..but my baby nurses every 3-4 hours when not in a growth spurt and the longest she sleep is 5 hours and not that long every night. 4 is the average.

I don't know where this sleep all night thing came from. It causes unneeded worry and stress.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010