Not sure when I can turn him around....

My son is 1 yo now and I am wondering when I can turn him around in his carseat so he is facing forward. He seems so scrunched up with his feet on the back seat. I know he is to small for a todler seat but I know my carseat can face forward so just wondering. Anyone know when I can turn him around? Is there a certain age or weight to do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The general rule of thumb is 1 year old AND at least 20 pounds. But, I think it there is room for "case by case" interpretations. My older son was 1 year old and 21 pounds when we turned him around--all he did was scream and cry not being able to see me (even with the use of a baby mirror), and when I was the only one driving, it was really hard for me to rend to his needs/see why he was upset, and drive at the same time!

Whereas we turned my younger son around when he was 10 MONTHS and 27 pounds--and 28 inches, and he was SO miserable, that my pediatrician thought he was certainly big enough and had enough physical strength to be turned around.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It really all depends on the state you live in.
    LeAnaR

Answer by LeAnaR at 1:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Ohio its 1 yr and 20 pounds. Look up the law for your state.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks girls....but where would I find the law for that? I live in Louisiana.
    Anonymous

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• minimum in ALL states is 20 lbs and a year, it has nothing to do with weight or size, it has to do with muscle growth and bone ossification
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks for everything Lori! That was a lot of help. Have a good day girls!
    Anonymous