A little TMI: could I have harmed my baby??

My husband and I hadn't had sex since I was MUCH smaller in my pregnancy (I'm 39 weeks). And last night we went a little fast and I felt her bouncing around there and even heard a swooshing noise.. Could I have hurt her? I didn't start thinking about it until after we had finished. She's moving just as always.. but I'm still worried. I couldn't have hurt her little brain or anything, or could I have?? I feel horrible... please, this is a serious question!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She's fine. She's well cushioned in there. They say that it's fun for the baby when mom and dad have sex, like a little ride. As weird as that sounds. Don't worry.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• she is fine. But if you're THAT scared, call your Dr. No one here on CM can tell you what's going on in your tummy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• lol, no..the baby should be fine. It well protected in there..like fort knox. don't worry.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• lol! No. the baby id fine and probably enjoyed the ride. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• no you could not have hurt her. there's too much cushioning in there and rough sex is safe up to when your water breaks
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• no we always had sex alot and till the end...you guys over react! LOL
    Anonymous

• should be fine! believe it or not, it's like a rocking motion for the baby, so it feels nice and relaxing lol. the baby is also very protected in your womb! only time to be concerned is if you already have a high risk pregnancy
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• She should be perfectly fine. The baby is very well protected and I have heard that sex is like a lullaby for the baby snce the uterus contracts and rocks when a woman orgasms. I know its weird but true! lol
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree with SweetPoison. My doctor told me the same thing, and I have friends that had sex up to the very end. I was always on restrictions, so I do not have personal experience. :(
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Unless you are dialated and ready to deliver, your husband cannot physically reach the baby because the cervix is in the way. Good for you- I had to give up sex at 34 weeks, because I was just too big and too uncomfortable
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010