need help with potty training

What did you find was the best way to potty train? I have a son and he is wearing pull-ups and has for at least 3 months. He knows when he is peeing he just gets to busy playing to go pee. I am tried of buying pull ups and I know he is more then ready to be potty trained. I remind im ever 30min-1hr and sometimes he goes with no problem and other time he fights me.any suggestions.

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lose the Pull-Ups. Don't "remind" him..take him and sit him on the potty every 30 minutes and have him try. When you see him get into a good routine of this and he is going and sitting and trying like he is supposed to, then, you up the time to every 45minutes. And repeat upping the time by 15 minutes. He should get the hang of it after a day or so. You have to be diligent and consistent. Do not lag or get behind or slip for at least 2 days. Then, he might get the impression that he can slip up. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Your doing the right thing. The more you look into the fact that he hasnt gone potty the longer the process will fell. I used to leave my son with pampers for about a couple of hours and see what happend. He will have shorts on, but he never peed. Me not giving it a lot of thought one day I saw him heading to the bathroom and ther he went. It's all about patience, dont worry he will go!!
    mommyrosck37

Answer by mommyrosck37 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My daughter is 2.5 and she started potty training on Monday, is doing well. What I did is, I would put her on the potty and I would sit behind her on the potty and it worked. I have tried everything but standing on my head. I do remind her, but today she is telling me when she has to go. She has not gone #2 yet so I am hoping that she will do ok. I hope. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous