miscarriage but preg levels are still going up?

I had a miscarriage over a week ago and I've had blood work each week to watch the levels go down, this being the 2nd week. I was just called by my doc this morning saying the levels are going up and they have to do another ultrasound later today. Anyone go through this? What does it mean?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 1:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At least you will have some idea of what is going on after the u/s today. I am sorry you are going through the pain and anguish over and over again. Big hugs and let us know what you find out!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Sometimes your body doesn't recognize that you lost the baby and it will keep going with the pregnancy as if you still had the baby.
    Anonymous

• My husband's aunt had a miscarriage. She waited for her period and never got one. She went to the doc and was told she was 6 months pregnant. It turns out she miscarried a twin. She didn't know she was pregnant with twins.

I would ask for an u/s to get to the bottom of the issue. Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• OP here. This seems like such a tease! I'm just starting to accept the fact that I miscarried the pregnancy and now.... I don't want to get my hopes up but I feel like its going to be bad news all over again:(
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• well just keep your head up high, you will not know everything until you go for your ultra sound. Take one day at a time. I have had 2 mis. You may be caring a twin, your blood levels should be going down not up. They want the blood levels to be around 0 or 1. Whatever it may be, I wish you love, support, and much "HUGS"!!
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies. I will keep you posted. One more hour until my appointment... Ugh!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My doctor told me I miscarried... 4 weeks later... I was almost 6 weeks pregnant... They could not tell me the reason why or anything... Let the first person said I'd ask for an ultrasound for a double check. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you're going through this. If you miscarried, the levels really should be going down. With my missed miscarriage the only way they assured me baby had passed (other than lack of heartbeat) was how rapidly my hcg was dropping. Please let us know how your appointment goes and I wish you all the best.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thinking about you! Hope things are well.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Same thing happened to me. As it turned out i had a grapefruit sized cyst on my left ovary that was effing with my hormones. I had to have emergency surgery because it could have burst at any time and they removed my ovary just to be safe. My point is that an ultrasound is a VERY good idea. I could have bled to death if that cyst had burst and i thank an irregular ultrasound for saving me. Btw a year later i was pregnant with my son and he just turned 3.
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 12:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010