Whats your Definition of a bad mother?

So I was told I was a bad mommy cuz I cant do much for my two girls. I am in a cast with a broken foot and stretched ligimate.. and i was wondering whats a definition of a bad mommy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• A bad mom chooses not to put in all the effort she can. Being disabled is not a choice.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• That does not make you a bad mom. You are injured and cannot possibly do much right now.

A bad mom is someone who knowingly neglects her child/ren.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• WOW. Someone told you that you were a bad mom because youre injured?? That is pretty hurtful! A bad mom is someone who doesnt take care of their kids when they are completely capable (not injured) A bad mom doesnt care what happens to her kids, and doesnt show them love and affection and puts herself before her kids.

But if youre injured, youre injured! You cant even help it! That person should be helping you, not pushing you down. Good luck Momma!
    Anonymous

• I guess everyone will have their own view of a bad mother, to me I would consider someone a bad mother if someone is not making decisions to the best interest of the children, someone who knowingly puts her children in harms way or jeopardizes the safety or her children, someone who does not show their children love.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• To make a comment to your post...being injured is beyond your control, your inability to be able to do things for your children because of an injury does not make you a bad mommy, it makes you a mom that needs a little bit of help until you are better.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't like the label "bad mother". No one has a right to judge anyone.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• wow who ever told u that was so wrong! its not ur fault ur foot is broken! now i hate to say it but some people just shouldnt have kids . my cousins for example : both 24 years old have a 2 1/2 year old girl and a 3 month old son. every weekend they find someone to watch both kids so they can go out and party and do drugs. kylie the 2 1/2 year old is not potty trained they havent even tried to start and she goes in her diaper and then takes it off and puts a new one on!!! and just to top it off yesterday my mom got a call about 5pm that kylie was in the hospital because she had dumped a bowl of boiling water on herself !!!! and her mom didnt call 911 cuz she would have to wake the baby!! kylie now has 1st and 2nd degree burns on her face and chest!!

i know my cousins try to do their best and they love their kids but seriously?

you are doing great and the best you can dont worry what other people say!
    Anonymous

• Bad mother = neglect. Every person parents different and some have disabilities or limitations as to what they can or cannot do. I think there are some moms that have better qualities than others however no one is perfect. Strive to be the best you can every day and you will sleep well at night! :)
    Anonymous

• Choosing not to do something for her children when she is perfectly capable.
    Making decisions when the child's best interest is not the priority. Ex: deliberately trying to make things "easier" on herself while compromising what's good for the child.
    Choosing to be ignorant.
    Having the "at least I do this and don't do that" mindset. Ex: At least my kid is fed and I'm not an abusive crack head. If that is all you aim for as a parent, shame.
    Anonymous

• A bad mother is someone who puts herself before her children in a way that is harmful. LIke, she doesn't feed them b/c she bought drugs instead. Something like that.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2010