Have you for any reason left yous kids home while they were sleeping at night? even to go next door?

so there was a party going on right across the street, maybe 3 houses down and i wanted to go soo badly but SO and i didnt have a sitter. and although i can clearly see my house from there i just didnt feel comfortable walking down the street with a 2 year old in the house sleeping, but he was insisting that he would be ok. would you have done it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never! I would not leave a baby that age alone for any reason. I wig out about going into the back yard if my kids are in the house alone, because our door does not lead directly to the back yard.

Don't do it! If there was a fire, a burglary, or if the baby just woke up and got into something, they could die and that is not worth the risk for a party.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• never ever
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Hell no! If going to a party is more important than your child I'm pretty sure priorities are screwed up.

I have left my child in the house and gone to sit out on the deck in the evening, but that is as far as I would ever go.
    Anonymous

• No not a 2 year old, no way.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• 3 houses down I dont think is a very good idea, but I used to live in a 5 plex, and I would go in the backyard with my neighbors with my baby moniter, and sometimes I'd go hang out in one of the other apartments...but I always had my baby moniter. :)
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 1:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Front yard - sure three houses down - Nope!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• parties are loud, even if you had a baby monitor you might have missed something. I definately would not go to a party and leave my child alone. Out back with monitor or on my neighbors porch yes (i live in a row home) but never that far and not to a noisy party. You and your SO could have taken turns. You go an hour and then him etc.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I did on accident once. We had my DH cousin at our apartment with his girlfriend. This was before we got married. And my now 3 year old was sleeping in his room. Well everyone just started talking about going to the gas station. Which is less than a minute drive from the house. Once we got there it hit me and DH that we had just left out 8 month old at the apartment alone. Needless to say we had everyone drop everything to drive us back, and then his cousin went back to get everything. Yes I felt very stupid!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not! Too many unforseen accidents could occur! And if something were to happen to my babies I couldn't forgive myself!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Not even to run to the garbage can (too paranoid about getting locked out)

Answer by rkoloms at 1:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010