how old is to old

I'm 34 and i have a 2yr old id like to wait till shes 5 to have a 2nd baby is 37 to old

ms.jenny10

Asked by ms.jenny10 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Health

• no I was 38 when I had my first. and I am 41 and might have another.
    Anonymous

• Unless you are in menopause, I say go for it.

I will be pregnant at the age too. LOL My one and only is 14years. I have only just now found someone I would love to marry and have kids with. I am 33, he is 32. We aren't engaged yet, but, by the time we are and get married, I will be older and pregnant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• if you are still healthy and you gyn says your all good i don't see why not. being older there is some risk but the doctor can fill you in on what those are and which ones apply to you
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• as long as you are in good health, no. the biggest barrier you are going to find is that as your children age, you will not have the same basis of reference as you would have, were you a bit younger. my mum was 39 when I was born.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope, but you should look at your family history. Is there anyone who had a baby at that age in your family? Your mother, aunts, grandma?
    If your family has any history of losing fertility by 35 then I would start to worry, but if not then you should be fine. My aunt had a baby at 20, then 20 years later she had 4 more. So it is possible, depending on your family history.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• This is between you, your spouse, and your doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree with rkoloms oh and God.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thank you for all your grate answers all my friends had there kids to young so when i had my 1st at 32 they acted like i was 62 and crazy ( no offence to the wonderful 62yr olds out there)
    ms.jenny10

Answer by ms.jenny10 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2010