Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I help my brother who is a schitzophrenic?

My brother is 19 yrs old and was diagnosed w/ Schitzophrenia a yr ago. He lives 3 hours and none of his family back home wants to deal with him. He receives an SSI check and was going to get an apartment, but i'm scared for him to live alone. He talks about how he wants to see Jesus and I'm scared he is going to hurt himself. I was wondering do you know of any programs that can help? Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Health

Answers (1)
  • Call your local social services or the health department and ask them.

    Answer by natural.mama at 8:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
how old is to old

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
I need help with a baby girl name!