I need some serious help from moms that formula feed!

My 4 month old can't handle any formula we try.

The regular Enfamil makes him gassy and fussy.
The Gentlease makes him spit up and congested from all the spit up.
The Nutramigen makes him spit up twice as much and give him diarrhea.
The Enfamil AR makes him constipated.

This is seriously stressing me out. I called my son's nurse and she said she didn't know what to do either, so we are going in to see the pediatrician today.

Do you know of any formula that worked for you if you had any of these issues that I can ask his doctor about?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try nature's one or goat milk based.

Of course a breastmilk bank, milk share and/or relactation is an option.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he has reflux? that seems to be a new issues for most babies.. my son was colic and gassy/fussy til 12 months from formula and didn't handle my breast milk either.. its a very hard stage for some of us
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't formula feed, but my neighbor has this issue with one of her boys and gets a special formula that has no dairy anything in it ffor him from the pharmacy. I believe he's allergic to dairy (not lactose intolerant).
    Anonymous

• Maybe try soy? I dont know if one of the ones you listed is soy based or not. I have 2 freinds thats daughters have to have soy formula.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The only formula my daughter can have is the Good Start (used to be Nestle now it is Gerber) because it does not have casein. Casein is a milk protein, there are two types, the other is whey. The Good Start is the only one that only has whey protein. My DD is allergic to the casein and other formulas made her sick. Could be worth a try for you. I hope you are able to figure something out. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My dd just gt switched to elecare formula....it doesn't have mlk or soy n it....she vomitted alot with other frmulas but this one seems to be okay so far
    maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• my boys had acid reflux and they've been on simliac sensitive for 7 months (theyre 9 months!) and they do realy well with it. I dont think we've ever had a problem.
    there are a lot of formulas out there, a lot of options.
    have you tried soy yet?

good luck, I hope he feels better soon<333
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010