I dont know if I have a lawsuit?any lawyer mommies?

I went to pick up medication for myself and my son today andas I am at the drive thru window I red faced furious man is screaming at me"get your f-ing car out, YOU FAT ASS YOU DUMB ASS YOU YOU RIGHT NOW" I look at the poor kid in the pharmacy window and he says ma'am just come inside...
so as I pull my car up this man is screaming at me in the window....the story is they were putting fresh oil on that space but had not set out signs saying so. there were a few cones, but again NO signs, nothing to indicate the drive up was closed.
I called the police to escort me out, but dont know what happened to that man. I do know who hired him tho....I have been a mess all day and my son was traumatizd by the "scarey red man"....do I have any legal recourse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• You would be better off complaining to the company that hired the guy.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You'd have to prove trauma by going to a mental health doctor so you can show a reason for damages. It would be a civil suit, not a criminal one.
    Anonymous

• no, you can't sue someone for being an ass....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Honestly, all you can really do is file a formal complaint with his employer and the pharmacy if he was not their employee. They need to know how a contractor was behaving if this is someone they hired to do a job for them.

In many cases, companies will offer you special services or discounts to try to keep you a happy customer.

I'm sorry that happened to you and your little boy, but a lawsuit wouldn't get you anywhere on this
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• and you can't sue someone for calling you a 'fat ass'..unless you are an employee of him/her. you'd be better off complaining to the company he works for. if anything happens at all, he'll be reprimanded, and for sure, cones will be set up. however, if you could see they were working on the asphalt (obviously, you had some idea), you would've been wise not to drive through it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would make it a point to the owner/manager of the store that hired the company and his company. That way he will be reprimanded properly and also you should benefit from the companies trying to remedy this problem... I know it sounds like milking the situation but hey this isn't something you can sue over really well so I would at least make what he did worth my while and I would just explain to your little one that that man made some wrong choices by acting that way and was very rude and disrespectful etc. etc. etc. it really is so sad that this is the best communication some people are capable of. unfortunately we live in an up-incoming uneducated society that knows no better way of communication than being rude and cursing. Anyhow GL hun and I hope the companies do right by you.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 3:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Seriously? Somebody called you a "fat ass" and you want to sue? Yes, he was wrong, obnoxious, and scared your child, but that's not reason to sue. Explain to your son he's rude and uneducated, and he could never hurt your son because you're there to protect him. I'd let the manager/owner of the construction company knows how rude their employee was, but that's all you can do.

It sounds like it was a scary situation, but you were never in any real danger. Now if he laid hands on your car, or threatened you, that would be different.
    Anonymous

• If I sued everyone who called me a name, I'd be rich. :D
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• OP-omg so thats all some of you can focus on is the "fat ass" part? wow....ty to those who gave genuine answers. as for feeling threatened and anon4;03 saying"if he laid hands on my car" how about he boxed it in and literally was an inch from my face? real enough for ya?
    again thanks to those who actually imagined how scarey it was for me, and my baby.
    Anonymous

• What is this country coming to? People want to sue every jerk they encounter.

I'm sure you've lost your temper or called someone names at some point in your life. Do you think your victims should sue you?
    Anonymous