Foiled Again..... for now.

So Obamas drilling ban has been overturned by the New Orleans Judge. Of course, instead of thinking it over and agreeing that it would do more damage to America and the economy he will, according to his minions appeal it until he gets a judge who will agree with him.
What do you think? Good or Bad?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's all put this in perspective shall we. There are over 6,659 active and removed oil platforms and rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, with 819 of them manned. They started going up in the early 1900's, and this is the first and ONLY accident that has occured. Something went wrong with THAT particular platform and with THAT particular company/employees running the show. The Houston area and Louisiana would be devasted if we could no long drill in the gulf. My family included. So it would be great if those of you that have NO idea what is going on, stop suggesting such insane things.
    Anonymous

• I do NOT understand what he was/is thinking. Lets put 850,00o people out a job, cause possible HUGE jumps in gas prices, and FURTHER hurt the economy by adding to strain on unemployment and welfare programs....OOORRRRR you could just INSPECT the rigs that are out there...DUH. The fact this man has NEVER run ANYTHING is more blatantly obvious EVERY DAY.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think that an inspection of the rigs is all that is needed. Which could be done without shutting everything down indefinitely. Glad that the judges have more sense than a constitutional law professor!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• by: momof030404 I do NOT understand what he was/is thinking. Lets put 850,00o people out a job, cause possible HUGE jumps in gas prices, and FURTHER hurt the economy by adding to strain on unemployment and welfare programs....OOORRRRR you could just INSPECT the rigs that are out there...DUH. The fact this man has NEVER run ANYTHING is more blatantly obvious EVERY DAY.

^^^^^^^  THIS  ^^^^^^^^^^

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't believe we should be drilling if we can't prevent this type of disaster. If they had a plan for plugging up the oil immediately that WOULD work I would agree with the judge. But they don't.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Spill baby spill

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Come on sweet...really? Thats all you got? What about an opinion ON the Q?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

That is my opinion. Stop sweatin me, you just want someone to dump all your I hate Obama and LIBS crap on. It's ridiculous to NOT take a break and see what we can do to PREVENT DISASTERS like this. We got an Exon sixe accident happening every 8 days or so and we want MORE drilling? BEFORE this one is even ANYWHERE near STOPPED and INVESTIGATED??? Makes ZERO SENSE...Talk about JOBS LOST..How many are LOST now????

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• They should stop drilling. It stinks that they are out of work but that doesn't make it right for the world, They need to do something drastic now and get off oil. It should have been done decades ago.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Spill baby spill

***

Political Cartoons by Eric Allie

Some people just can't stop rooting for a Nanny State. *sigh*

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010