Is there any reason you know of that would make a 6.5 year old boys throat VERY red, but he says he feels fine. No coughing or anything?

I only noticed it b/c he laughed real big and I could see the back of his throat is VERY noticeably red.

He has not been complaining at all and says he feels fine. Been playing and laughing.

Strange...

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 2:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• allergy to something?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My youngest just had a horrible bout of strep. I was worried about my middle son, I noticed his throat was red too. He says he feels perfectly fine, but we took him for a strep test too... and it was positive. Now we are all going in to get tested for it.
    I say bring him to the doc and ask for a strep test.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree with SleepingBeautee on this one. Have your son tested for strep. The rapid culture test only takes about 5 minutes.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I was going to say it could be strep as well. I used to get it often and it never really bothered me. The only reason I knew I had it was because I used going to the doctor to get out of school.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 2:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Sounds like Strep...actually im 100% sure it is...My kids and i just went thru this, my middle son who is 4 had a blood red throat with white pus like blisters on the back of his throat and was hurting him bad as my daughter and other son just had red throats along with myself and we all tested positive for strep ! Go get him checked!
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Strep, allergies, or even tonsillitis
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010