When do children understand how much their parents love them?

(granted they're in the majority of children who are loved most by their parents)

Do you think your kids understand it yet? Do you remember when you realized how much your parents love you? I'm curious as to when it "clicks."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• At 25 :D lol

I don't know, but I do know that I sure didn't appreciate mine until I was in my 20's.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• From day 1 in my opinion.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When they become parents themselves and not a minute before lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't think I understood until I became a mom at 28. That is sad, but you're not really aware of how much sacrifice and hard work it takes to raise a child until you become a parent.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think I didn't realize the STRENGTH Of my mom's love until I became a parent, however I felt her love ALL through growing up but surely didn't appreciate it until I was out on my own - around 20 years old I guess. too bad too isn't it??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• when they have a child of their own
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When they become parents themselves it is when it hits them hard, but some can without having to experience that.

Answer by older at 2:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• To be completely honest with you I don't think we do until we have our own baby in between our arms. I'm 16 and I still don't feel loved . The thing with this is that it depends what family you come from and how many people are in this equation. I grew up the youngest of 3 and I feel like a mistake. As a mother my mom made the mistake of showing love support and acceptance only to my oldest brother her first son, he's been in and out of prison since he was 18 and he's almost 30 now.. As for my sis she's 8 yrs older than me four years apart from my bro. They grew up together while I grew up alone. Some parents. Expect to much of their children and instead of encouraging them to live their. Life the way theywant they encourage them to live their life the way they wish they could have lived there's . So be kind to your kids remind them how much u love them equally and please don't have favorites.. Because its life changing :(
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 2:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When they have kids of their own.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When i was grown.

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010