I am not sure but my 1 year old may have swollowed a dime, should I wait to see if it passes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if shes breathing fine yeah you could wait . but if not take her to the e.r. either way i would still tak eher to her dr.
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My 4 year old recently swallowed a penny. Don't ask. :)
    I was told it should pass in his stool, and not to worry too much. But call the doctor anyways. I wouldn't immediately go to the ER.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 2:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think she will be fine. Unless she starts acting strange ....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• If she didn't choke on it, then she should be just fine. If you want, you can call the doctor, but he'll probably tell you to just watch for the next couple of days to see if it passes. I bet at least half of the kids in the US swallow a coin at some point in their life. I once found a dime in my son's diaper and I had no idea he'd swallowed it!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would at least call. Our pediatrician's office will have the nurse call back to ask questions and decide if they need to see the child. If he did swallow it, it could either pass or it could obstruct his intestine, which could be quite serious. Just call to ease your own mind, and they'll tell you what they think you should do.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010