Do you ever get jealous of your single/childless friends?

I am 29. My three closest friends are my age and older. THey are all single and get to take all these fabulous vacations and stuff. I am married with a toddler. I love my life, but deep down, I do feel jealous when I see their facebook posts about all the great things they are doing and places they are going. Each has confided to me at one point that they wish they were in relationships and they all have difficulties finding them, but I still feel jealous knowing they are living it up while I am home getting food thrown at me by a toddler!!! hahah. I am 29 so it's not like I haven't lived. I got married at 27! But still, I get jealous. Do you ever get jealous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I married at 19 and by the time I was 23 I had already had two children and tied my tubes. Do I feel like a missed out? Yes, of course I do a little bit. Those women feel jealous of you too though because you've settled down with a family. I love having a family, but yes I do feel like i've missed out. I'm looking foward to 40. AT 40 my kids will be grown and I will still be young enough to enjoy myself. I'm going on a cruise when I turn 40. I've already decided. :)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope! I have one kid, and she's easy to drop off at both sets of Grandparent's house if my hubby and I want to get away for a week or dinner and a movie.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I used to when I was 21-22 but not any more. I feel so blessed. IMO, family and children is what life is really all about. You will have your freedom again, and your single friends will be in your position.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• YES! I miss my freedom.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• No. Because my husband and I married "later than most" and had spent our 20's and early 30's traveling, building our careers, and just enjoying singlehood! When we married I was 32, my hubby was 38, and at that point we were SO tired of single life, that we wanted to settle down and begin a new chapter in our lives.

BUT, we also decided that we would have only 2 children--as close in age as possible (they're 23 months apart), so that we would be able to "get back to life" WITH them as soon as possible--and active/interactive family vacations (skiing, snorkeling/scuba diving, hiking, camping, far away destinations, etc., are finally becoming a reality! YAY! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oh HELL No.... my only single childless friend is 38 and lives at home with her mom. She even shares a bedroom with her mom. They treat her like a 12 year old and she just takes it instead of growing a pair and moving out on her own.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I am only 20 with two kids. So all of my friends have no babies. I feel jelous at times but being a mom has changed me in so many ways I will never take it back!
    Anonymous

• I'm 22, I'd be lying if I said I didn't ever feel jealous...

I'd be lost without my daughter tho.
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope. I had an aunt who didn't have kids. My uncle died years before her. She had no one who looked after her. She was lucky that my uncle lived close by and did his best. I am glad I have kids now and for the future. I would trade all the aggravation of when they were little, teenagers, or as young adult men for one second of being a couple without kids. Sometimes being childless is a choice and sometimes it is not. Either way, it is their reality and I am happy with mine. Plus, I now have the cutest, sweetest, most precocious 3 year old grand daughter. No, I would trade places at all.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• ****wouldn't trade**** OOOPS!
    jesse123456