can i let my son sleep on his tummy during naptime during the day - if i am in the same room as him?? (and i am not laying down, he is in his bed?) 3 months old...?

he loves being on his tummy and sleeps well that way - i do not let him tummy sleep at night - when i am asleep - only during the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is your call as a mom. If you feel ok with it, then do it. My DD slept on her tummy from the day I brought her home. It didn't matter if I was asleep or not, it was the only way she would sleep. She's 3
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My second son slept on his tummy while I watched him at about 2 months, when he was "colicky". Then full time by 4 months, when daddy and I weren't so stressed about it. Our second son slept on his tummy from day one.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• my son's 3 months also and has slept on his tummy since 6weeks. as long as he has nothing to impair his breathing he'll be fine.
    mommypeezee

Answer by mommypeezee at 3:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• like jade says, this is your call as mommy. there has been a bit on this topic lately!
    if he can sleep on his back at night, then why can't he at nap time? just curious.
    my first son slept with me his first 6 months. most naps and at bed time. he was either on his side in the crook of my arm, or he was attached to the breast.
    my second son had a lot of his naps in the swing and on the sofa. he slept with me at night, same as the first, in the crook of my arm or attached to the breast.
    my 3rd and 4th were twins, they napped on the sofa and slept in the crib or with me. i only slept with one at a time. they alternated feedings through the night. when they were in the crib, they were on their tummies. when they were on the sofa they were on their tummies.
    my baby now naps on the sofa, on her tummy and sleeps with me at night.
    they don't know what causes sids. they do know that babies need their sleep.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Its ur call. U can if u want to, but do keep an eye so they won't suffocate themselves make sure there are no blankets around him. And if he can move his head and know when to move it, he should be fine, but do keep an eye on him, he's only 3 months, still learning how to control his movements.
    Again, it is up to you as a mother to make the call
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't. Just not worth the SIDS risk, IMO. I believe in always laying my LO down on his back to sleep. I also don't allow any loose blankets (we use Halo Sleepsacks) or pillows or bumpers or soft toys. And there is a fan in the room and he takes a pacifier, all ways to reduce the risk of SIDS.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010