How do I get my 2 yr old to take her naps easier?

I have had my two year old on a schedule since she was born and its always worked really good for us. So when its time for bed I tell her "its time to go night-night" and she runs off to her bed no problem. But recently she will lay in bed for over an hour before she even gets quiet enough to go to sleep and then she sleeps to late messing up her bedtime and then she takes just as long to fall asleep. Normally I would lay her down and about 30 min later she is sleeping and I can tuck her in but now its crazy. I tried giving her a later nap thinking maybe she just wasn't really tired yet but that backfired and I gave her milk, which I never do, thinking it would soothe her faster but even that isnt working. Somebody please help! Im tired and 6 months pregnant and my little girl needs to sleep so I can!

BaileysMommy523

Asked by BaileysMommy523 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would lay her down and eventually she will go to sleep. I would then wake her up around the time that shee needs to up in order to get to bed on time. I do this with my LO who is 2. I put her down for her nap between 1245 and 1 and get her up no later than 4. It usually takes her until between 130 and 2 to fall asleep. I do this for my own sanity and bedtime is between 7 and 730. If I let her sleep later she won't go to bed on time. Just experiment with it until you find what works.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I wish I could answer this question..but I can't! My daughter stopped napping COMPLETELY about the time she turned 2! She just refused, and I stopped fighting it. I got her into a part time daycare so that I could get some rest and she could be around other kids 2 days a week. it was very helpful, maybe you could consider that? I was also pregnant and hubby was deployed so it was a lifesaver for me!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My son stopped taking a nap after we played this game for 2 months.. lol!! now he just doesn't nap and goes to bed at 6:30-7
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas. If I have to I will try them all I guess. Step one...waking her up at four...
    BaileysMommy523

Answer by BaileysMommy523 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010