So I cant love animals and eat meat?

I had to post this to find out if it an actual common thought or what..... I put that I have an animal rescue farm but that I also eat meat ( and wear a fake fur coat) .... and they said I am a hypocrite.... if that is the case wouldnt anyone who has pets and eats meat a hypocrite ?

* also posting this because my question was deleted *

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that if everyone that ate meat, had an animal rescue farm, the world would be a better place. If anything, you helping animals makes you more worthy of eating them. You can still love and respect an animal, even if you eat it. Its the circle of life, eating meat would not be so bad if all the animals in the world were treated right and had good lives. (like on a rescue farm) You have a give and take situation. Shame on those who can only take from the animal world. Keep it up :D Your a good person.
    ZoeAndNissa

Answer by ZoeAndNissa at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Unless you have a pet cow, pig, chickens, game fish, etc., you're NOT a hypocrite!!! :o) I should think it would be hard to be eating bacon with your pet potbelly pig watching! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I love animals..but love they way the taste also :) Animals are for eating..nom nom nom
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't think that makes you a hypocrite. I am a Veterinary Technician. I love animals, and I eat meat. It is in our nature to need the proteins, iron and fat that meat provides. Every vegetarian that I know, has to take numerous supplements in order to balance out what they lose from not eating meat.

I don't wear any fur. Faux or not. Have you hear the reports about the faux fur being made from the fur of the dogs and cats killed in Asia? That is exactly faux fur in my book.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My husband grew up on a farm and he told me the animals were their pets (cows, pigs, chickens) before they were killed for food. lol!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Saying you love some animals and eat others is ridiculous. If you don't see the contradiction then you're clearly not thinking about it. Why would you devote your time to saving some lives while simultaneously paying someone to kill another animal so you can eat it? Do you think a dog is worth more than a pig or a cat is worth more than a cow?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't eat dogs and I have a dog, so I think that's okay.

Don't let anyone tell you that you dont love animals cuz you like to eat meat. That's just silly.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The animals don't expect you not to eat meat.
    Anonymous

• People throw the term hypocrite around too easily. I doubt every pet owner out there judging meat eaters are vegans. That doesn't mean that you hate animals. When I can cuddle on the couch and watch tv with a pet cow the way I can my pet cat, I might feel differently. I also don't have a problem with other countries eating what we consider pets. It's all cultural as far as I'm concerned.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You can love animals without putting their worth above humans like so many PETA people do. Eating meat for most is a necessary evil. I feel as long as they do not suffer in their death,they are not dishonored.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010