If you've ever been physically abused,or close to it.....

What was his/her reasoning behind the abuse? I once had a boyfriend who came SUPER close to closed fist punching me in the face because I didn't crush the bag of aluminum cans he ordered me to do.He met me at the door and just about pushed me down,and then he held me up against the wall by my throat and brought his fist up. Needless to say,that little bastard was history the next day! I was gone! He was mad at me because I chose to hang out with my friend instead of sleeping in with him til noon.He worked 3-11pm,and I worked 1-9pm. I wasn't about to waste my days away sleeping all day! Apparently I was a bad girlfriend!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• My ex husband punched me in the back of the head because his cousin told him I put something on myspace saying he was a deadbeat dad --- I didn't. I put that I couldn't stand dead beat dads, but that was because my best friend was going through a divorce with a guy who definetly was a deadbeat dad.....he didn't even look up what I had wrote, or listened to what I said, he just started screaming and hit me in front of our 3yr old. So glad to be done with him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My ex wouldn't let me go hang with my friends but it was okay for him to do so. He told me I wasn't to go out while he was out with his friends who were standing in my living room at that moment. I called him a bastard and slapped him across the face and I went to pack my things to leave. He walked up behind me and shoved me so hard that I fell and go rug burn on my knees through my jeans. Needless to say the next day I came home while he was at work and packed my stuff. He was so PISSED. I will not be threatened and I will not be controlled.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My husband has ALWAYS been good to me. But, ONE time when I was pregnant we were fighting about something and he pushed me to the floor. He never did it before and has not done it since. I told him that if it ever happened again I would be gone. He didn't do it in front of our children, either. It has been a few years since. I figure I pushed him too far and he was having problems calming himself he had just found out he was going to be deployed again and had been fired from his civilian job. I am just answering a Q, I don't need advice and I don't need an abuse hotline number.
    Anonymous

• I would never go into detail, but yes it has happened. My ex was a total jerk!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• They are damaged goods and project their hatred for themselves on to others. Glad to hear you got out.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes, I was sexually abused when I was 10 years old by a 16 year old neighbor boy.
    Anonymous