Are you a SAHM? Stay at home mom?

I have been a stay at home mom for about a year now. I plan on starting a part-time job but it is really part-time- about 5 hrs a week so I still consider myself a SAHM. My question is are you a SAHM and what do you like best about it? Why did you choose this over working?

kittymom83

Asked by kittymom83 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I love being a stay at home mom now because I can be here with my kids though all the milestones. I was a teen mom with my 1st still in high school and because of school and work, I missed many milestones with her. For her 1st birthday, I was on a field trip for school. I sent party stuff and a camera to the babysitter so she could throw her a party and take pictures. I ended up losing the camera before I even got the pictures developed so I don't even have pictures of my oldest daughter's 1st birthday. I also don't remember her 1st steps or words. It really hurts and I don't want to go through the same with my other 3 kids. Staying home also gives me the time I need to really clean the house well and plan meals. Now that my oldest daughter will be a teenager soon, I'm happy to be able to stay home so I can keep a better eye on her.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• we cant afford day care for one. i was working but then we moved and in the middle of the move found out number 2 was coming! we just decided it is better for our family. the house is taken care of, unlike when we both worked full time. i love spending the days with my dd. it's not that i dont want anyone else "raising her" or whatever, i just like being the one to teach her things and see her reaction when she finally gets things.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Because it's cheaper me staying at home.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I am a sahm not by choice, I would LOVE to work, but I just can't find a job :[ so I'll be in college starting late august :]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I am a SAHM. I have been for about 6 months. I absolutely love it. I love being home with my kids. IMO I was missing my children grow up. Someone else got to see all their firsts. (1st steps, 1st words, ect. ect.) Now I get to be here for the in every way. I get to kiss ALL the boo boos and feed them ALL their meals. I am here with them 24/7 during the summer and during the school year I am home when my older kids get home from school. I get to be the one helping with homework and give them their snacks. I could rattle on and on about my love of being a SAHM. I love the rewarding life of being a SAHM.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I chose it to homeschool.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010