Another baby?

We have talked since day one before getting pregnant with our son we wanted our children close together. We are both close with our older siblings who are 17 months apart with us... Our son is 5 months right now... I've talked with family and they have been there for us so much... Friends have told us it was a horrible idea... My son would be jealous... Any other out there with their babies close together? How do you deal it? I know some days are worst then others and is stressful...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine are 4 years apart but remember, every kid will always be jealous at some time. If you and your husband want to have another one right now and you can financially do it, then do it, get it over with!! Best of luck!!!
    Anonymous

• My two are 18 months apart and it works out fine for us. Some days are rough and others are easy.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think it's up to you and your husband, NOT your families. Who cares what they think? They aren't the ones who are supporting them or who have to raise them.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• THANK YOU to right above me! That's what I said... People have made it out to see... I was gonna get pregnant and have the baby the next day.. I've always been that person who loved being around kids... I'd never get over stressed with them or anything... Thank you guys for the advice! I really excited for another and it's nice to know there is people with GOOD ADVICE out there! :)
    Anonymous

• Mine are 17 months apart. In some ways it is WAY easier to have them less than 2 years apart. I found there was really no jealousy, by the time the new baby was home for a day the 17 month old really had no memory of him not being there. I think that jealousy and adjustment is a much bigger problem when kids are 3-4 years apart. It is hard having 2 babies, but I really loved it, and they are such great friends now as they have gotten older (now 8 1/2 and 10). I also have a 12 month old, and the adjustment there was easy as well because the age difference is so big.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My older brother and I are 17 months apart. My mom said she had a blast with us... Some days were harder then others but she said it was like that when she just has my brother... My little brother are 5 years apart and we weren't close until I had my son... Thank you MaggieMom for your in put... It gives me a new light on things and makes me that more excited... Most of the people I've talked to just have 1 child. I only have 1 friend who has 2 child 17 months apart... and she loves it and has given me so many good things to go on... I wanted to ask other women how the felt! THANK YOU again!
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the kids, you know? I don't think that just because you have another baby it guarentes your son will be jealous. if you play it right, he'll be fine. you know what I mean? like each kid gets to have one on one time with mom and dad and all that fun stuff. you know what i mean? i think its a great idea.

my pregnancy wasn't planned so I obviously wont' be having more kids for a long time (at least another ten years) but I got lucky and I have twins! they love each other so much, I would recommend having them close in age. they'll always have a best friend!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oh I totally understand what you're saying... I think I'd wait awhile too if I had twins. I miscarried my pregnancy right before my son... I miscarried Mother's day and then found out I was 5 almost 6 weeks pregnant 4 weeks later... but I glad blessed with a good pregnancy after...

Thank you ElsaSalsaaa for your input!
    Anonymous