pain during pregnancy

I am about six weeks ( I think) into my fourth pregnancy. When I stand up I feel like my ligaments are already stretching and my back hurts. Is this normal this early into it. I know mild cramping can happen and I have had that with all my children, but never this kind of pain this early into it.

ambernicole531

Asked by ambernicole531 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• im pregnant with my 2nd and I experienced that kinda pain too. For a while we were freaked out about a miscarriage because they run high in my family and we couldnt get in to see a doc for a few weeks. But the doc just assured me it was just the body adjusting to the pregnancy. IF you start to bleed or the pain gets worse then id call ur OB or o to th ER. try just resting alot more and drinking lots of water.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It is completely normal to experience severe pain like that. I have experienced it with this pregnancy (3rd baby). I would just try to relax and drink plenty of fluids. If you begin to bleed, I would definitely contact your doctor or make a visit to a hospital. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Thanks guys...that is so reassuring. I have not spotted so far with this one, and the pain isn't really cramping. Its more of the sharp side pains like my ligaments are stretching. It is really more uncomfortable than anything. I guess since I have been preggo so many times in the past four years my body doesn't need anytime to gear up for baby. I already have a belly even though I did have some left over from the last it is rounding out real quick!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010