Is there really a stay at home job that you get paid decent money for???

I am a mother of 3 boys two that will be going back to school in August. Is there really stay at home jobs that will allow me to have my baby at home and still make decent money?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 3:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are lots of careers you can do at home, but none of which will just be given to you if you pay a simple fee. You have to actually go to school for it. Careers like Legal Transcriptioning, Medical Transcriptioning, things like that you can do from home, but it requires training. It is legit though and you won't be getting scammed by some pyramid scheme.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• That is what I am trying to figure out... *le sigh*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You could, if you wanted, go back to school. If your local community college offers online classes you could apply for financial aid and study from home. THat's a bit of income right there for you and you can stay home with baby, while getting an education or skills for a job.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! It's not a job, it's a business. I absolutely love what I do. I looked into many jobs, however all of the ones that I found needed to have a quiet background. That totally defeats the purpose of working from home if I can't have my kids around. I'm so glad I found my Team.

I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 15 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• m-avi

You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i feel your pain. 2 years later from wheni started wondering about athome jos.
    ..the only 2 i trust at this point.....
    One is your own business. no i DO NOT MEAN avon etc.those not my cup of tea lol. not to metion you have to pay 100 dollars or up to get in. something like selling your own unique creations, maybe something handmade you do, or selling a service (like if you know salsa dance, can sell online cam to cam dance instruction) use ebay, etsy (only for homemade items or vintage) amazon etc etc... or affiliate marketing. AM can make you damn good $ but it takes time to build up to that. you need to have your own website and/or blog to really be successful with AM. go to youtube,look up affiliate marketing and find vids from an african american woman named lisa.very good vids for newbs.she makes 6 fig. after 3 yrsof busting her ass and being a leader in AM.good honest advice,she has a free ebook about it u can DL to.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yes, there are lots of real opportunities out there. I have been fortunate to find a few thave really paid off for me. I keep a list of the ones that I prefer (all free ones) at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• ou can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Check out my page, I wrote a post in my journal about what to look for in a home-based business opportunity. This should help you when deciding what you want to do. But just to clarify, there is a difference between a "work at home job" and "work at home business."

"job" would be like Alpine Access or West where your employed by the company and your working for them at home.
    "business" would be like many mentioned above opportunities where you are your own boss and it's YOUR business.

Good luck in your search and make sure you do your research!
    MidwestWAHM

Answer by MidwestWAHM at 4:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am a work from home/stay at home mom myself and I love what I do. I am a vegan and am passionate about finding products that are safe for my family and my home so I now work from home with a wellness company. If you're interested, please feel free to contact me. Thanks, Kristin
    KristinT04

Answer by KristinT04 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010