Question for real estate agents

I'm considering becoming an agent. Here's the thing, I think I may have unrealistic expectations of the job. Can any one give me a realistic perspective of the what an agents job entails? Is this a "family friendly" job? Would I be able to remain the primary caregiver of my child and still be an agent? Thanks so much for any input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Expect to work evenings and weekends, when most people are available to look at houses. If you consider that family friendly, then it is. I personally think that's when the family needs me most (homework after school, dinner, clean up, bed time, etc.).
    Anonymous

• you can get your insurance license, and be able to do it fully from home. Before I looked into becoming an agent, I was looking into Real Estate as well. It is REALLY expensive to get done everything that needs done. While there are costs with being licensed for insurance, it was only a fraction of what it was to become a RE agent. If you would like some help or guidance, feel free to send me a message. I would be more than happy to help you find your states requirements. =)
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I looked into it, but I fond something that paid pretty good and I stay at home. I owrk my own hours and I get paid for the efforts of the agents under me.

Im in legal plans(insurance). The company offers benefits and daily pay too. Auto buying program, hoe buying program and more.

Depending on your state you will probably still need you license to do it, maybe not. I needed alicense for Tx BUT NOT FOR mAINE.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010