I can't find a day care to take my daughter???

*NO BASHING PLEASE*

My daughter is not getting any immunization shots, so when i was looking for day cares i was telling them that and all of them told me oh then we cant have her here she will infect the other kids! or that im a bad parent! we live in Kansas, does anyone know of a day care i can take her to?? im missing a lot of work and so is my husband. i would like to find a day care so i dont have to quit my job!

Help???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Exceptions to the requirements for immunizations
    shall be permitted as specified in K.S.A. 65-508, and
    amendments thereto. Documentation of each exception
    shall be maintained on file at the child care facility.

http://www.kdheks.gov/immunize/download/KS_Imm_Regs_for_School_and_Childcare.pdf

there should be an exemption form you can sign
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• most daycares cannot take children who are not vaccinated. You may have to find a private day care or a nanny service.
    Anonymous

• Daycares around here will not take kids that are not vaccinated. You could hire a nanny or maybe a home daycare may.

Anonymous

• here in michigan no vaccinations are required, there is an exemption form for all of them
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• even the home day cares wont take her because the other parents wont allow it and we cant afford a nanny
    Anonymous

• any potential provider shoud NOT be discussing immunizations with the parents.... I'm sure there are kids in my sons center that are not vaccinated, but I have no idea who they are
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• the state told the lady she had to ok it with the other parents before taking my daughter
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• was this a licensing consultant from the state... if so, you should report her

I work for a child care resource and referral agency, I've dealt with this question a lot
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• not sure it was when i was looking before i had my daughter and it was an in home day care that was perfect! ive looked all over im about ready to give up and just quit my job!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• your best bet is to find out more about the waiver/exemption and then educate the provider about why accepting DD is NOT a risk
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2010