My DD is getting bruises (on her shins) on her legs since she started to wear skirts and shorts to preschool this summer. IS this normal?

I don't want her to have to wear jeans everyday to school but I want to protect her legs in some way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's probably from playing. She'd still get them if she wore pants. My dd does. She never wears skirts.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Are you sure your not just now noticing them more since her legs are exposed? Bruises are not going to hurt her. Mine(who is 4) has bruises and scraps on her legs all the time. My DS(18 months) is following right behind her,lol. It's all part of being a kid.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 4:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My son is always bruised up. Pants or shorts. It's part of being a kid. If it bothered her you would know.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's perfectly normal if she is a very active little girl... My kids are constantly being rough and playing wild and they get lots of little bruises and scrapes on their lower leg and arms...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• bruises on the shins are perfectly normal for kids to have! Both my kids have at least one at any given time.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• bananas and potatoes will provide better protection...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010