best things to eat

i need ideas for meal plans. today- i had a slim fast for breakfast, then 2 cereal bars for lunch, filet-o-fish meal at mcdonalds (my last ever- i swear! lol) and then i will probably have another cereal bar after class. OBVIOUSLY my meal/eating is really bad. but i just dont know..

would this be good?
slim fast @ 7am
cereal bar at 10am
turkey/cheese sandwich @ 1pm
nutrition type bar at 4pm
-- and this is where i need help b/c i have class 2 days a week from 5-11pm and there's only either the vending machines or fast food.
the other 5 days (no class), chicken- rice and a veggie (prob corn) at 7pm.
bedtime around 11pm

during this- i drink at least 100 ounces of water a day, and between 11am-12, i plan on going to the gym for 30 minutes cardio, then 30 min with weights or 60 minute cardio (weight lifting will be every other day).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• instead of the bar at 4pm, what if i have an apple with peanut butter? i dont really have any money for food, which is mainly why my eating is horrible.

is it better to work out in the morning (before 10am), afternoon (11-5), or night (6-9)?
    Anonymous

• Actually the filet of fish at mcdonald's isn't all that bad. Scrap off some of the sauce and you're good to go. I get that when I go there. I felt guilty until I looked up the the nutrition table on line and it was within my dietary boundaries.
    Anonymous

• when you have class just pack a meal and bring it with you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• really?! awesome! i actually tell them to take the sauce off and put it in a small container and then i apply how much i want on the sandwich! i used to do it b/c they'd only put a small amount, but now- its like when i want that small amount, they blob it on! lol that makes me feel better- that my hard workout today wasnt killed by a fish meal!
    Anonymous

• replace the "nutrition bars' with fresh fruits or veggies. And, btw... Corn is a starch, not a veggie.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i agree with obby, and also...i would replace the sandwich with a salad. you can never get too many veggies! oh- is your rice brown?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would really rethink the Filet-O-Fish. It is a small peice of fish dipped in mystery batter and then deep fried, definitely not a healthy choice. The calories are 380 and 18 grams of fat. Check out their nutritional info, you would be better off going with one of their snack wraps or salads. If you are getting fries then add another 230, 380 or 500 calories, depending on size.

Nutrition bars are full of sugar which only leave you wanting for more and not filling at all. You would be better off as the others suggested and eating some fruit, handful of raw unsalted almonds, hard boiled egg, edamame (actually really tasty, I buy the unshelled variety in the frozen food section, just pour some in a bowl with a little bit of water, microwave and lightly salt), bowl of low sodium canned soup like Progressive or Healthy Choice (they are really good, filling and some have very low calories), yogurt, high fiber cereal. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• having class is no excuse, and it doesn't seem like your eating enough at all. Its simple to pack a lunch and take it with you, such as sanwich fresh fruits and veggies, you can take cereal if oyu buy one of those cereal bowls you put in the freezer to keep the milk cold, you can take a muffin, there is SO MUCH you can take i don't see why your having a hard time except for the excuse your making up for yourself so you can tell yourself ot get fast food.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I eat Mcdonald's ceasar salad with grilled chicken and then I don't put any dressing on.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010