DD long lost brother on facebook.

When I 19 I started going out with on loser a-hole and he had two kids anyway I had his baby 10 years ago, so I have not seen his other son" T" for 11 or 11 and a half years but I meet him a few times and knew his brother, sister and mother today I found him on facebook and was going to have my daughter introduce herself--she has a profile on facebook, her and the other son (from the sentence above) email and chat and have met and are close(as close as two half siblings with and 7 years age differance and a retard sperm donor for a father can be) Should I have her introduce herself to "T" or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think if they are related, then they deserve to know one another. You wouldn't want DD growing up and falling in love with brother or something. Ya know? Anyway... i don't think it's bad that they know each other.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I got lost somewhere in there...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Op here---My DD and Three half brothers one she knows and two she doesn't and she/I found them on facebook, should she email them? I know one a little but have not seen him in 11 years, should she email them
    Anonymous

• If their dad is a loser then you may not want her associating with the brothers. They could be trouble. I would think about what good would come of it and what bad could come of it and make your decision based on that info. I would say wait until she is 18 atleast to start a relationship with them. Let her get done growing up the way you want to raise her before other family can influence her. Will they bring her dad into her life? You dont want to open a whole can of worms...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• op here---no their father has no contact with any of them
    Anonymous

• op here again---the father has no contact with any of them, they are all with four different mothers so far, my DD knows on of her brothers, but we now found the other two--- So it is my daughter and her half brother and the other two and only my DD and her "brother" know about all of them.
    Anonymous

• How old is your dd? Im assuming she is only 11..i would wait if it were me btu each situation is different.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It may not hurt, but what good will come? The only connection they have is a man none of them know. They may have similar genes, but I wouldn't call that related. I'd see it as starting contact with strangers.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i wouldnt want her to be the one who contacts them, tell her about them yes, but dont MAKE her emil them, to her they are just strangers!
    Anonymous

• I would e-mail them youself and ask them to have their moms call you. Then decide between ALL the mothers whats best for ALL the kids.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2010